AC-M16 TENT COOLING
The AC-M16 Air Conditioner is a transportable unit, developed primarily to provide air conditioning in temporary or transportable buildings or tents. It is a small light weight unit made of aluminum and a rigid steel corner frame. The unit is designed to be placed outside, with supply air and return air ducted to the shelter.
The function of the AC-M16 is based on a cooling circuit and two powerful fans. The evaporator section contains the evaporator and a radial fan, which draws warm internal air from the shelter, through the cold evaporator and blows out the cooled air through the side of the unit. The condenser section contains one condenser coil and a large axial fan, returning the heat taken from the internal air to the outside atmosphere.
With the AC-M16 Dantherm has developed a plug and play soft wall air-conditioning solution for temporary or transportable buildings and tents.
AC-M16 is your cost effective high-end solution for humanitarian and military camps providing comfortable living and working conditions for its occupants.
Requiring no special training or tools of any kind the AC-M16 can be set up and running on site within minutes. It will subsequently run smoothly with high up-time and low maintenance costs in all climate zones above +20°C.
The light-weight but rugged unit is designed to be placed outside with supply air and return air ducted to the tents. It is capable of maintaining the shelter temperature at +20-25°C when the shelter is built accordingly.
Multiple accessories included
The AC-M16 is a plug and play unit that comes pre-packed with a wide array of accessories like thermostats, wheels, earth spikes and ducts. Accessories can be customized to tailor to your specific mission setup.
How the AC-M16 works
The function of the AC-M16 is based on a cooling circuit and two powerful fans.
The evaporator section contains a filter for cleaning the recirculated air from particles and a stepless fresh air damper design.
The condenser section contains one condenser and a large axial fan, returning the heat taken from the internal air to the outside atmosphere.
Project delivered to a European army
The AC-M16 was originally developed as a tender project for one of Europe’s largest armed forces. 100 units have already been ordered, and the first 50 of those delivered for deployment in Africa.
- High performance
- Light weight
- Designed for optimal utilization of a standard 20″ ISO container (16 pcs.)
- Plug and play solution. Automatic phase detection and correction. No tool operation needed.
- Low preventive maintenance requirement – first line capability.
- Low noise – sound pressure <60 dB(A)
- Vibration hardened through extensive laboratory testing
- All sheet metal parts are protected against corrosion by a minimum 80μm top coat
- Military camps
- Relief camps
- Work camps in oil and gas industry
Features and Benefits
- The AC-M16 is capable of maintaining the shelter temperature at +20-25°C when the shelter is built accordingly.
- Designed for optimal utilisation of a standard 20” ISO container (16 pcs.).
- The AC-M16 is built into a strong metal frame with insulated panels which are powder coated, where relevant.
- Top finish painting is standard sand colour.
- Sheet metal parts are protected against corrosion by a minimum 80μm top coat.
- Designed for air conditioning when the temperature is above 20°C. It can provide cooling at ambient temperatures up to +55°C.
- Scroll compressor for a high degree of reliability and low noise level.
- Automatic phase surveillance.
- Sequential start of units possible.
- R134a refrigerant.
- HP/LP pressostat switches ensuring long compressor lifetime.
- Controlled by a hard wired room thermostat to be placed inside the shelter.
- Washable steel/alu filter on internal air path.
- Fresh air intake.
- Four way fork lift handling.
- Easy strap down on air cargo pallets and stackable (two units on top of each other).
- Insulated flexible ducts Ø315 mm for exhaust and return air openings. (Accessory)
- Low voltage control circuit.
- ErP 2015 compliant.
- Insulated duct Ø315mm
- Uninsulated ducts Ø315mm (flexible duct and air distribution duct)
- Storage bags for uninsulated ducts
- Cover for the unit
- Ground rod
- Wheels and wheel bracket (which can also hold the room thermostat during transportation)
This picture shows the AC-M16 with all accessories mounted, ready for transport: