VRV IV + Heat Pump
With the release of VRV IV, we introduced three revolutionary standards in VRV technology. Customised comfort, intelligent control and increased energy efficiency, make our Daikin VRV IV heat pump the market leader in climate solutions.
Variable Refrigerant Temperature
The largest leap in innovation since the introduction of the inverter compressor.
As a unique Daikin technology, Variable Refrigerant Temperature continuously adjusts both the inverter compressor speed and the refrigerant temperature to provide the necessary capacity to meet the building load with up to 28% higher seasonal efficiency. The evaporating temperature is the widest on the market (3°C to 16°C), and improves your comfort by perfectly balancing your airflow temperature.
VRV IV continuously provides heating during the defrost cycle. Other heat pumps stop heating during the defrost cycle, but VRV IV is equipped with our unique heat-accumulating element that stores energy during the heating process. The stored energy is then used to defrost the outdoor unit, while ensuring comfort 24/7.
Each VRV IV unit comes equipped with our signature VRV configurator. This is a software solution that simplifies easy configuration and commissioning. As an installer, you spend less time configuring the outdoor units, can manage multiple systems from different locations for key accounts and easily retrieve initial settings on the outdoor units.
Key components totally redesigned
1. DC fan motor
- Increases efficiency.
- Larger diameter of the rotor results in great force using the same magnetic field.
- Improved control results in more fan steps that match the actual capacity.
2. Gas-cooled PCB
- Reliable cooling is not influenced by ambient temperatures.
- A smaller switchbox creates a smoother airflow through the heat exchanger.
3. 4-sided heat exchanger
- A 50% increase in the heat exchange surface (235m2) increases efficiency by up to 30%.
4. Newly developed compressor
- UNIQUE back-pressure control preventing refrigerant leak and increasing efficiency in low load operation.
Watch the animation
- Full inverter enables Variable Refrigerant Temperature and low start-up currents.
- Reluctance brushless DC motor increases efficiency when compared to AC motors by using simultaneous normal and reluctance torque.
Learn how our heat pump system helped one the Czech Republic’s largest retailers attain more energy efficiency and comfort for its store.
VMD business centre case
Discover how our heat pumps provided a total climate solution for Croatia’s tallest office building.
Connect with a wide range of stylish indoor units