VENTILATION WITH HEAT RECOVERY TO BE MOUNTED WITHIN THE CEILING VOID SPACE OR ON THE WALL
Fully customizable ventilation unit with heat recovery:
The HCC 2 is a unique and flexible residential ventilation solution. With only 27,9 cm installation headroom it is ideal for installation in suspended ceilings or onto a wall, even hidden inside a closet. The unit can be electronically reversed, meaning that both air flows will be reversed. This allows the same unit type to be mounted with the inside/outside ducts connected to either the right or the left hand side of the unit. Electrical connections can be connected from either the left or the right.
Dantherm has developed an advanced PC Tool application for MS Windows computers. After installation of the unit, air ducts and condensate hose, the unit needs to be calibrated to the specific environment. Measurement of air volumes is done via built in air pressure ports, and appropriate initial adjustments are performed through the Dantherm PC Tool, connected to the HCC via a USB connection.
Wireless remote control:
Dantherm offers an LCD based wireless remote control, designed either to be mounted on the wall, or to be placed standing on a table or cabinet. This remote control is designed for the user, but also includes a special installer menu, where it is possible for the installer to do extensive settings without the use of the PC Tool.
Optional demand-controlled ventilation:
The units deliver a comfortable indoor climate in all conditions at a minimal power consumption by means of automatic demand-controlled ventilation. This is obtained through the application of a humidity sensor, a VOC sensor and/or a CO2 sensor. The humidity sensor (RH%) continuously monitors extract air humidity and adjusts the fan speed accordingly. The VOC sensor continuously monitors the level of artificial or natural organic chemicals of the extract air and adjusts the air flow level accordingly. Once installed in a room and connected to the HAC accessory control unit, the CO2 sensor continuously monitors the CO2 level and adjust the air change accordingly.
Energy efficiency class A and A+
The standard version of HCC 2 is rated as energy efficiency class A. With an optional “A+ sensor kit” the HCC 2 will obtain energy efficiency class A+. Please refer to the tab “Accessories” to see which accessories are included in the “A+ sensor kit”.
Unique features of the HCC 2 with counter-flow enthalpy exchanger:
HCC 2 also comes in a version with a high-performing counter-flow enthalpy exchanger. This has some remarkable advantages compared to a standard counter-flow exchanger:
- In an enthalpy exchanger both sensible energy (heat) and latent energy (humidity) are recovered from the extract air and transferred to the fresh supply air.
- Transferring the humidity from the extract air to the fresh supply air prevents a dry indoor climate in winter.
- In summer, when the relative humidity of the outdoor air is high, the supply air will be dehumidified when passing through the enthalpy exchanger. This will make the supply air feel comfortably cold.
- The enthalpy exchanger has a polymere membrane which transfers heat and humidity. The membrane is air and water tight and therefore smells, spores and bacteria are not transferred from the extract air to the supply air.
- The enthalpy exchanger can operate at temperatures down to -5° and no pre-heating is required. Therefore, balanced ventilation is achieved without the use of pre-heating almost all year round.
Overall, an enthalpy exchanger will reduce the heating bill and give better indoor climate.
Dantherm Residential App
As a further advantage Dantherm has developed a Residential App offering a smart way to control the residential ventilation unit.
With the Dantherm Residential app you can control settings, such as:
- Demand control operation
- Manual operation
- Week program operation
- Night operation
- Manual and automatic bypass cooling
- Summer cooling
- Fireplace mode
Download the free Dantherm Residential app here.
Integration in Building Management Systems (BMS):
The HCC 2 residential ventilation unit offers a data connection point over TCP/IP interface carrying ModBus protocol data. Upon request, Dantherm issues a protocol data sheet allowing a qualified BMS programmer to interface the HCC unit to any building management system, as well as KNX intelligent building system.
Features and Advantages
- High efficiency heat recovery – up to 94%
- EC fan motors with low energy consumption (SFP data)
- Energy efficiency class A in the standard version. With an optional “A+ sensor kit” the energy efficiency class A+ will be obtained. Please refer to the tab “Accessories”.
- Only 300 mm installation headroom height is required
- Time controlled ventilation level, based on 11 different built in pre-programmed week programs. This reduces power consumption in periods with low ventilation demands.
- Summer cooling mode, in which the supply fan is stopped, and any open window will supply colder outside air, decreasing the room temperature. This requires a wired control HCP 10*.
- Fireplace mode, creating a momentary inside overpressure, to enhance chimney functionality.
- Easy-to-install and commissioning solution with built in air measure ports, for easy balancing with PC Tool*
- Electronically left / right fan direction switching, allowing same unit type to adapt any physical installation requirements, regardless of ceiling and wall selection.
- Demand controlled ventilation*
- Highly customizable unit, by adding a high variety of internal as well as external accessories. See more details under the tab “Accessories”.
- TCP ModBus connection, for inter-operation with Building Management System.
Wired control HCP 10
Dantherm offers a prewired control unit, which is connected to the ventilation unit with a 6 m cable. The wired control comes with a white plastic frame and a metal frame for fastening into a standard junction box. Alternatively Dantherm can supply a box for fixing to the wall in an appropriate place.
The HCP 10 wired control gives the user the following possibilities:
Manual control of air change (step 0-4)
Wireless remote control, HRC 3:
The remote control gives access to:
External electrical preheating coil, 900 W
The electrical heating coil prevents ice building up in the heat exchanger at low temperatures. The heating coil is mounted in the outdoor air duct. The heating coil is connected to and controlled by the HCC 2 controller, which adjusts the heat output so as to ensure an ice-free heat exchanger with the lowest possible energy consumption.
Pre-heat insulation kit
This insulation kit is designed for fixing to the HCC 2 preheater. This customized insulation kit protects against thermal bridges, condensation and excessive energy consumption.
Mechanic bypass module
The HCC 2 residential ventilation unit can be fitted with an automatically controlled bypass damper module, that exploits the colder outdoor air to cool down the home, e.g. after a hot summer’s day, when the outdoor night time temperature falls below the temperature of the house. The bypass module leads all the hot exhaust air past the heat exchanger in order to achieve the best possible cooling effect.
RH% demand sensor
The HCC 2 residential ventilation unit can be fitted with a humidity sensor (RH%).
Included in the A+ sensor kit.
VOC air quality demand sensor
The HCC 2 unit can be fitted with a VOC air quality sensor. This sensor will continuously monitor the level of artificial as well as natural organic fumes in the air. Examples of included fumes:
Natural fumes, e.g. formaldehyde from building materials.
Using the VOC sensor in demand mode will result in the correct level of ventilation with lowest possible electrical power consumption. If a wireless remote control is connected, the actual VOC level will be shown in the display using a 3 level icon.
Included in the A+ sensor kit.
Digital plug (bag with 25 pcs.)
This digital plug is connected to the control of the HCC 2 unit. This allows to override the following :
Fan speed 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Condensate pump kit
This condensate pump kit is designed for mounting on HCC 2 units where there is no safe drain with fall to a drainage or on units where the drain is too far away (more than 5 m horizontal way). The kit is furnished with a bracket for fixing it to the HCC 2 unit, a power supply cable for connection to the HCC 2 unit, pressure equalization hose and drain hose.
Hygrostat, Sauter HSC 120 F001
The hygrostat is connected to the accessory control in case that a higher air change rate is required in rooms with high humidity.
Accessory control HAC 2:
One or more of the following functions can be connected to the accessory control:
After heating coils for water or electricity
HAC 2 comes with 3 m cable
Power supply 230VAC – 24VDC, for duct control:
Power supply to be mounted in the accessory control if the ventilation unit controls a duct damper.
The CO2 sensor is connected to the accessory control if the air change has to be controlled in accordance with the CO2 level in a given room.
USB cable, 3 m:
USB cable to be used in connection with software update of HCC 2 and Dantherm PC Tool (HPT 1).
Calibration set (bag with 10 sets):
This calibration kit contains 10 sets with each 3 m hose, two suction cups with hook and two nipples. The kit is used for adjusting the HCC 2 air flows.
Dantherm PC Tool Kit (HPT 1):
The PC Tool Kit contains a USB plug with program and quick guide + USB cable.
It also has a user menu, where the user can read and adjust various settings, such as week programs, set points, alarms and historical data about temperatures and air quality (accessory).
Dantherm Residential App
Dantherm has developed a Residential App offering a smart way to control the residential ventilation unit.
Passive House Certificate
ErP documentation Energy Class A
ErP documentation Energy Class A+
Fire protection control datasheet